The deadline for registered parishioners to submit requests for financial assistance for all Catholic schools, including home schools, for the 2020-2021 school year is Monday, June 15, 2020.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Parish membership will be assessed based on the criteria in an article that Fr. Ed wrote two years ago. You may download a copy of that article, revised to reflect the current application procedure, by clicking here.
Last year, we instituted an online application form to simplify the process. This form is for all those applying for subsidies, regardless of the type of Catholic school your children attend.
Please do not email Fr. Ed directly with your request. If you have already emailed Fr. Ed directly, please also fill out the form.
REMINDER: You must first apply to your respective school, including filing the necessary financial assessment forms. After the school has notified you of its financial aid award, if any, then, if additional financial assistance is needed, apply to the parish for assistance.
The basic guidelines for receiving this aid are given below.
- The parish’s assistance is limited to registered parishioners of Christ the King with students in kindergarten through 12th grade. Parish membership will be assessed based on the criteria in Fr. Ed’s article as noted above.
- Financial assistance is available to students of any Catholic school recognized as a Catholic school by either the Diocese of Lansing or the Archdiocese of Detroit. This includes independent Catholic schools such as St. Catherine of Siena Academy and Huron Valley Catholic School, as well as diocesan schools such as Father Gabriel Richard High School and parish-based schools such as St. Francis Elementary School. Because the Diocese of Lansing now recognizes homeschooling as an acceptable Catholic education option, we also make financial assistance available to home schoolers.
- The assistance for Catholic schools is limited to help with tuition. Other Catholic school fees and expenses are not eligible for the parish assistance.
- The assistance is limited to tuition associated with the 2020-2021 school year. No assistance is available for previous years’ expenses.
- The amount of the school assistance a given family receives will be based on three factors: the amount budgeted by the parish for Catholic education assistance; the amount of actual need determined by the financial assessment; and the amount requested.
- Only those families whose requests are received by the deadline of Monday, June 15, 2020, will be considered.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Ken Bogan at email@example.com.