Monday through Friday: June 28th to July 2nd
8:30 am to 12:15 pm on Monday. 9:00 am to 12:15 pm Tuesday through Friday.
Children entering the 1st through 6th grades.
Adult volunteers are needed! We have a Nursery (for up to 3 years) and a Pre-K (4 and 5 year olds) available for the children of volunteers. Adults are welcome to volunteer even if they don’t have children participating in VBS!
Teen volunteers are greatly appreciated and receive valuable service experience. For ages 12 to seniors in high school.
To learn more and to volunteer, contact Lauren Sauter, email@example.com.
VBS 2021: We are more than conquerors!
This year we will be focusing on the virtue of Fortitude with its sister virtues: magnificence, industriousness, and patience. Each virtue is taught through study and memorization of scripture and through the lives of the saints.
Children will also enjoy producing a beautiful painting of one of the saints, singing, playing games, and learning about living as a Holy Spirit filled disciple of Jesus.
Parents are encouraged to read the verses and lives of the saints ahead of time:
- Romans 8:35, 37 and St. Maximillian Kolbe
- 2 Corinthians9:12 and Pope St. John Paul II
- Ecclesiastes 9:10 and St. Teresa of Calcutta
- 2 Corinthians 12:10 and St. Gianna Molla
Parents are also invited to the Holy Hour on Friday (watch for updates during the week for timing).
Fees are $35 per child if you register before June 19th, $40 per child after. $20 per child for children of adult volunteers (the Nursery is no charge and the pre-k has a nominal fee of $10).
VBS and COVID-19
We will be following the guidelines given to us by Bishop Boyea for how best to do VBS safely with regard to minimizing potential COVID transmission. Those guidelines may change as new information becomes available. We will communicate any changes in a timely fashion and appreciate your patience. If current protocols are still in place at the time of VBS, this is what we will be expecting:
- We are planning to hold as much of VBS outdoors this year as possible to minimize the need for mask wearing and to allow singing. Please pray for wonderful weather!
- Masks will be worn over the mouth and nose by all students (pre-k and up), teen volunteers, adult volunteers, and staff while indoors.
- We will ask you to monitor your child’s health at home and not bring them if they are sick or have a know exposure through a close contact.