- Attendance will be limited to 30% of our church capacity; i.e., no more than 300 people may attend each Mass. Bishop Boyea has extended the dispensation of Catholics in the Diocese of Lansing from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation through the First Sunday of Lent, February 21, 2021.
- To maintain this limit, every person must sign up ahead of time to attend a Mass (see #4 for an exception). See the links at the end of this post to sign up for a Mass time. In keeping with the bishop’s instructions, you will be permitted to sign up for Mass only if you are a registered parishioner at Christ the King.
- There will be no music, other than instrumental music, at the Saturday 4:30 pm Mass. This will hopefully allow those who would prefer a shorter Mass or one without any risk of singing to attend a weekend Mass.
- With the dropping temperatures, we have decided to retire the Sunday morning outdoor speakers for the season. Instead, we will have overflow seating in the Gym during the 9 am Mass only. You do not need to sign up to attend Mass in the Gym.
- After consulting with Bishop Boyea, those who choose to attend the 9 am Mass in the Gym will be allowed to sing with face masks on. Mass will be live-streamed to the Gym. We will provide chairs in racks; please set up and take down chairs for your own household, leaving at least six feet between households. To protect the gym floor, please do not bring your own chairs. An Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion will bring Communion to those in the Gym.
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick. Use good judgment if you are elderly or have an underlying medical condition. For more information, please click here.
For more information about health-related practices when attending Mass at Christ the King, please click here.
When signing up for Mass on-site
- Please check to be sure that you are signing up for the correct Mass and time.
- Just indicate the number of family members attending on the form. Please do not sign up each family member individually.
- If for some reason you need to cancel your reservation after signing up, please click the link below for the Mass you had signed up for; enter your name and email address; under “How many will attend?” select “Not attending”; and click the “Sign me up” button.