The Couples Ministry at Christ the King includes a variety of programs intended to bring the couple into an understanding of the sacramentality of their very intimate marriage relationship. That relationship is viewed through more than one lens: the physical, the emotional/psychological, and the spiritual. Several of the programs on this page are suited to the engaged as well as the married.
The ministries, programs, and resources listed here are offered at various times throughout the year at Christ the King or in neighboring parishes. Use the contact information below when seeking further information, current schedules, or to become part of the team.
- Conquer Series The Conquer Series is a powerful cinematic study that is transforming the lives of men around the world. It contains Biblical teaching and proven principles to help men conquer porn and walk in freedom. For more information, see ctkcc.net/conquerseries.
- Couple Prayer 6-session series. You and your spouse or fiancé(e) can become even closer and be more in love than ever by learning how to pray intimately and openly with one another in ways guaranteed to be safe, comfortable, and wonderfully uplifting for you both. See www.coupleprayer.com.
- Holy Hour for Marriage and Family, third Monday of every month, 7:00-8:00 pm in the Worship Space. Sponsored by the Marriage and Family Commission. Contact: Nuala Holowicki, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Marriage Course Whether you’ve been married six months or 40 years, whether you’re in a good place or struggling, The Marriage Course offers practical support to strengthen your relationship. For more information, go to ctkcc.net/marriagecourse.
- My House Support Groups (As for me and my house we will serve the Lord, Joshua 24:15) Completely confidential ministry to those whose relationships have been affected by pornography and sexual addiction. There is hope for those needing help getting clean and staying accountable, and for their spouses. Times and locations:
- Natural Family Planning / Couple to Couple League The human body “speaks” the language of love in a unique way within the sexual powers. Natural Family Planning (NFP) is about learning to read this language through fertility awareness and building better marriages through its virtuous application. To learn more, please go to www.ccli.org.
- Preparing to Live in Love A 7-session marriage preparation program for the engaged couple, facilitated by a specially trained married couple from the parish. The program provides an understanding of interpersonal relationship at the most intimate level and the tools necessary to nurture that relationship through all the changing circumstances of married life. Interested engaged couples should contact Deacon Lou (email@example.com) or speak directly to your assigned mentor couple.
- Rachel’s Vineyard Abortion destroys lives–the child, the mother, the father–and can be a fatal blow to a marriage either when an abortion happens to a couple or when a spouse brings that past into the marriage. Ann Arbor Rachel’s Vineyard is a post-abortive healing ministry. The unconditional love, forgiveness, and healing of our Lord are there for all who seek Him. For more information, to register, or talk, contact Beth at (734) 879-0427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Retrouvaille of Lansing Retrouvaille means to “rediscover.” For more information, to register for an upcoming weekend, or to talk, contact Larry and Beth Bauer, (734) 879-0427 or email@example.com.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter All marriages need attention, effort, and nurturing. An enrichment weekend getaway that helps married couples rediscover themselves as individuals and as couples. It is a God-centered format that helps them communicate openly and honestly, without any group sharing, therapy, or marriage counseling. Contact Len and Marlene Chockley (Marlene: 734-730-0795, firstname.lastname@example.org or Len: 734-834-2067, LenChockley@gmail.com).
- Check out the 30-second videos on the “Michigan Celebrates Marriage” website: www.michigancelebratesmarriage.com
- “The Choice to Have God in Our Marriages: Spousal Prayer” — A video presentation by Deacon James Keating.
- The Shepherd’s Voice (Sep 6, 2013) http://archkck.libsyn.com/living-in-love — Archbishop Joseph Naumann (Kansas City, KS) interviews Ron and Kathy Feher, developers of the Living in Love program regarding the importance of intimacy in marriage.
Engaged Couples seeking to be married at Christ the King should consult the Matrimony Web page under Sacramental Life for a list of the diocesan requirements and other programs intended to prepare a couple for the Sacrament of Matrimony within the Catholic Church.