Preparation for 1st Confession and 1st Communion takes place in the 2nd Grade at Christ the King. There are several options for your child’s preparation:
- Wednesday Religious Education classes: at 4:15 pm or 7:00 pm meeting weekly with highly trained and experienced catechists.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: a two year program beginning in 1st Grade, see their page for more information.
- Catholic school preparation: if your child attends SSA or HVCS, you may have their school prepare them for sacraments this year.
- Homeschool: we recognize that homeschooling is a Catholic education for your child. If you wish to prepare them at home, please contact Susan Perrier to discuss curriculum or any other support she can give you this year (email@example.com).
Everyone must register! No matter which route you chose for preparation, please register in a timely manner so that we know you expect your child to receive sacraments this year. If you have a Catholic school, CGS, or homeschool child, please follow the directions on the registration form.
If your child was baptized at another parish, you must submit a copy of their baptismal certificate so that we can make sure their sacraments are properly recorded and reported to their baptism parish. Send certificates to Lauren Sauter at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th.
Christ the King was established by the Diocese of Lansing as a personal parish. As such, the conferral of sacraments is limited to registered parishioners who regularly attend CTK. Please be sure to send a registration form to the office if you have not already registered as a parishioner.
- Wednesday, September 8th: Religious Education classes begin
- Thursday, September 30th: Baptism certificates due
- Wednesday, May 4th. 2022: 1st Communion Interviews (required for all 1st communicants)
- Saturday May 7th, 2022: 1st Communion Mass
The 1st Confession interview and penance service dates are to be determined. We will let you know when they are scheduled!