Sunday and Holy Day Mass obligation restored
Beginning Pentecost weekend, May 22-23, 2021, Bishop Earl Boyea has restored the obligation of the faithful in the Diocese of Lansing to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. You may read more about his decision and watch a video from Bishop Boyea by clicking here.
Mass & Confession Times
Below are times and information about Masses and Confessions at Christ the King.
Sunday Mass Schedule
Please click here to read the guidelines which we are observing for Mass and/or see the notes below. Sign-up in advance is no longer required for any Mass.
Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am (Livestreamed)
Sunday: 11:00 am
- Section 1, immediately adjacent to the statue of St. Joseph, is reserved for those who prefer to mask and socially distance. The remainder of the main Worship Space is general seating with no restrictions. Singing is allowed, to the extent that you feel comfortable.
- The 9:00 am Mass is livestreamed via our YouTube channel. Your attendance at this Mass constitutes your agreement to be included in the livestream.
- A kneeler is available at Fr. Ed’s Communion station (left side of the center aisle as you face the Altar) for those who wish to kneel to receive Communion, but have difficulty kneeling.
Please note: Kneeling to receive Communion is allowed at any Communion station. The kneeler is simply to assist those who struggle to kneel.
- If you are bringing Communion to the sick or homebound, please bring a pyx and contact a deacon immediately after Mass.
- Incense is used to enhance the solemnity of some liturgies. For a list of those liturgies, please click here for our Incense Use Calendar.
Mass schedule for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception on Wednesday, December 8, is a Holy Day of Obligation. Masses will be at the following times:
- 10:00 am
- 12:00 noon
- 7:00 pm
Confessions will be available for 30 minutes before each Mass.
The Parish Offices will be closed on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception.
Daily Mass Schedule
Please click here to read the guidelines which we are observing for Mass.
Monday: 6:45 am (see below)
Tuesday: 12:00 noon
Wednesday: 7:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 noon
Friday: 5:30 pm
- There is no longer a time of Communion distribution immediately following Mass. If you are bringing Communion to the sick or homebound, please bring a pyx and contact a deacon immediately after Mass.
- There will be no Saturday morning Mass at Christ the King until further notice.
Click here for our Inclement Weather Policy regarding all parish activities
Confessions are in the Confessional in the Worship Space (in the back on the right side as you face the Altar). The Confession line begins in the last row of seats next to the Confessional. Confessions will only be available from behind the screen; no face-to-face Confessions will be available.
If the priest hearing Confessions is also celebrating Mass, then Confessions will end 5 minutes before Mass begins.
Friday: 5:00-5:30 pm
Saturday: 9:40-11:00 am* & 4:00-4:30 pm
Sunday: 8:30-9:00 am & 10:30-11:00 am
This year, in addition to our regular opportunities for Confession, Christ the King will be hosting an Advent Penance Service on Tuesday, Dec. 14, at 7 pm. Several priests will be available to hear Confessions that evening. There will also be Advent Penance Services on the following dates:
Please take advantage of one of these or other opportunities to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation in preparation for Christmas.