Sunday and Holy Day Mass obligation restored
Beginning Pentecost weekend, May 22-23, 2021, Bishop Earl Boyea has restored the obligation of the faithful in the Diocese of Lansing to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation. You may read more about his decision and watch a video from Bishop Boyea by clicking here.
To welcome everyone back to Mass, the Diocese of Lansing provided candles blessed by Bishop Boyea for each household of each parish in the diocese. If you are a CTK parishioner who was not able to pick up your candle and prayer card Pentecost weekend, you may pick it up in the St. John Paul the Great Room any time that the Church is open, except when Confessions are being heard.
Mass & Confession Times
Below are times and information about sacraments celebrated at Christ the King.
Sunday Mass Schedule
Please click here to read the guidelines which we are observing for Mass and/or see the notes below. Sign-up in advance is no longer required for any Mass.
Saturday Vigil: 4:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am; Livestream
Sunday: 11:00 am; Communion distribution immediately following Mass until 12:30 pm at the foot of the Altar on the St. Joseph side.
Sunday: 1:00 pm
- To assist those who choose to exercise greater caution, the Saturday 4:30 pm Vigil Mass continues to operate under its current protocols, i.e., masks and social distancing required, no music.
- Singing is allowed, to the extent that you feel comfortable, at the Sunday 9 am and 11 am Masses. Masking and social distancing will not be required on the Blessed Mother’s side of the Worship Space (the left side as you look at the Altar) from the center aisle over. Masking and social distancing will continue to be practiced on the St. Joseph side of the Worship Space, even if you are fully vaccinated.
- The 9:00 am Mass is livestreamed via our YouTube channel. Your attendance at this Mass constitutes your agreement to be included in the livestream.
- Bishop Boyea has approved Christ the King to offer a restriction-free Mass for those parishioners who have had COVID-19 or who have been vaccinated. The new Mass time is Sunday at 1:00 pm. Please address questions to Liturgical Coordinator Peter Vanicelli (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To enhance the solemnity of some liturgies, incense is used. For a list of those liturgies, please click here for our Incense Use Calendar.
Daily Mass Schedule
Please click here to read the guidelines which we are observing for Mass.
Monday: 6:45 am (see below)
Tuesday: 12:00 noon; Communion distribution: 12:30-12:45 pm
Wednesday: 7:00 pm
Thursday: 12:00 noon; Communion distribution: 12:30-12:45 pm
Friday: 5:30 pm
- Communion distribution takes place at the foot of the Altar on the St. Joseph side.
- There will be no Saturday morning Mass at Christ the King until further notice.
Click here for our Inclement Weather Policy regarding all parish activities