Christ the King Parish Ann Arbor School Subsidies Policies and Procedures
Many families need and receive financial assistance for Catholic school tuition. The Diocese of Lansing believes a Catholic education should be available, accessible and affordable to any family that wants to provide their children with an authentically Catholic, academically rigorous education. To support that, Christ the King Parish provides financial aid to its parish families for Catholic schools and homeschooling. CTK awarded $147,500 in scholarships for the 2022/23 school year.
Our scholarship program is a need-based assistance program. Need is determined by an independent, third-party service, FACTS, which makes its assessment based on family income and expense information. The FACTS application has a section that offers families the opportunity to list any changes in their financial situation, and these are also taken into consideration.
- School aid is available to CTK families for K-12 students in Catholic schools (including homeschool).
- Catholic school aid is only for tuition.
- Homeschool aid requests should specify the expenses for which aid is requested. (i.e.:books, CTK co-op tuition, etc.)
- Catholic school families must first apply to both the Diocese of Lansing and their school for aid.
- The family must complete a FACTS financial aid application online on or before June 26, 2023.
- The family must show a financial need as determined by FACTS.
- The family must request a specific amount of aid from Christ the King. This should be a specific amount pertaining to each student.
- All families receiving aid must agree to volunteer at least 20 hours for parish activities or events during the year.
- Aid will be awarded based on demonstrated need, and budgeted resources available. Applying for Financial Aid
- The deadline for applications is June 26, 2023.
- If you have already completed the FACTS application for the Diocese of Lansing or a school, you may login to your FACTS account and select Christ the King as an additional institution.
- Be sure to complete all the required fields.
- If you have not completed the FACTS application previously, you must create a FACTS account and complete the application in order to receive consideration for parish aid.
- Applicants can complete the online form by clicking the FACTS
- All tuition and aid information will be verified with the schools and the Diocese.
The family must be members of Christ the King Parish Ann Arbor. Membership is defined as: 1. Registration with the parish; 2. regular attendance of Sunday Mass at Christ the King three (3) times or more per month; and 3. regular financial support of the parish.